One of the best ways to do your cleaning is through using a steam mop. If you are the type of person who doesn’t have time to put some effort into cleaning your home, you might find the Cordless steam mop to be the ideal choice of cleaning any flooring very fast.
When picking one for yourself, you might feel overwhelmed due to the fact that there are so many in the market and with a lot of fakes too. It might be hard to get the best Cordless steam mop and that is why going through this guide could be the right thing to do.
The different types of steam cleaners
While your focus might be on the cordless steam mops, it will be best for you to know other types of steam cleaners that are available in the market. With that in mind, you will be able to know how each of them can be of help and also you will be in a position to appreciate the steam mop cleaners in general.
There are four types of steam cleaners which include:
- Handheld steam: They are small in size and you can utilize them in taking away those stains on the carpet which are very annoying. They are also necessary when you want to loosen up the dirt which sticks on the floor. With the steam, the dirt will be moistened so that you can easily pry it when it is loose.
- Steam mop: It works with the same concept as the steam cleaner but it has a mop on top of it all. With the function of the steam, you will be able to sanitize the floor and scrub the dirt. It is a dual-purpose cleaner
- Canister steam cleaner: It is similar in function as the steam mop but suitable for jobs that are heavy duty. It has a water tank that is big and with various accessories. With it, you will be in a position to clean a big house without too much of a hassle.
- Vapor cleaner: It is the only dry steam cleaner. Whereby the steam cleaners leave behind moist after you are done with the cleaning, the vapor uses a high level of heat to clean thereby no residual of moisture is left behind after you are done cleaning.
How to pick the best cordless steam mop
There are a variety of cordless steam mops with their own advantages and disadvantages. Each of them also has its own respective purposes. That is why, when you want the best out of the many, you will have to pick the best as per your needs.
The following will help you to understand what you need in a steam mop. If you apply them, you will be able to get a product that will be best for your individual situation. Here are factors that you will always need to remember:
- Flooring type: Before you purchase a Cordless steam mop, you have to consider your type of floor. Different models may work for different flooring types. You have to purchase one that is suitable for your flooring type. If it is a hardwood floor, then the cordless steam mop that will work for it might not work for a tiled floor.
So you will need to be very careful with the compatibility of your steam mop and the floor. The package you purchase will indicate the type of floor that the mop is ideal for this, you can be able to start from here.
- Tank capacity: This refers to the amount of water the tank of the mop will be able to hold. It is something that really needs consideration as it will determine the number of times you will have to do a refill. With a large tank, it denotes that, you don’t have to do a lot of refills. But it is recommended that you get a Cordless steam mop which has a tank capacity of at least 15 ounces. If you get something with a larger capacity, then the better.
- Ease of use: Ease of use means that all the features that will make it easy for you to operate the steam mop should be available. Examples of such features include a digital touchpad. It is a feature that steers the swivel, allowing you to move the head of the mop, steering in your desired direction with ease.
- Weight: Weight is an important feature to consider. If you are not familiar with using a mop, you will need to get something that is heavy. The average weight of steam mops ranges between 8 to 10 pounds. When it comes to weight you might want to pick based on what you will comfortably handle while working with it.