Pets are incredible, for they provide companionship, protection, and entertainment whenever you need it.
They can be awesome cuddle buddies filling you with so much joy and love. However, it is always not a walk in the park because you must pay the price for having a pet in your home. Talk of the bad smell they produce once they litter and the allergies they cause due to pet dander.
Having a pet means you must have an air purifier that works to purify the air making it safe and clean. That way, you will enjoy quality air throughout, as you will gather from homeairwiki blog.
When it comes to getting an air purifier, you may wonder if it is safe for your pets. The truth is air purifiers don’t harm pets as long as they don’t purchase an ozone generator air purifier, for it can seriously harm your pets.
How an air purifier will affect your pet
If you are a proud pet lover, you must understand the different air purifiers available and distinguishes the ones that can affect your pets.
That way, you will be on the safe side, for you will only focus on air purifiers that are effective yet safe. Basically, air purifiers are safe for pets because most of them don’t cause any effect.
You can set an air purifier at your house without worrying that it will harm your pets.
However, some air purifiers contain products that can affect your pet. You need to understand these products and take note of them to avoid purchasing air purifiers containing such products.
The bottom line is, air purifiers are supposed to keep your pets safe as they help you keep your house environment clean and free from odor.
Best air purifiers for pets
The market is flooded with a variety of air purifiers, making it hard for you to choose the best air purifier for your pets.
That shouldn’t worry you because we are going to discuss the ideal air purifiers for your pets. With that, you will be able to choose an air purifier that will not affect your pet.
The best types of air purifiers for pets are:
- HEPA filters: The best air purifier is one that is equipped with HEPA filters that clear air through a mesh. That’s how it works by ensuring that the mesh traps harmful pollutants that cause contaminated air.
- Ultra Violet Light: An air purifier that emits ultraviolet light does not affect your pets, focusing on killing harmful bacteria that cause diseases. That’s how an air purifier works to eliminate disease transmission as it keeps your pets safe.
- Carbon-based filter: This is an air purifier that works effectively by absorbing odors. It is equipped with a carbon-based filter that absorbs the strongest of odors.
- Electrostatic: A fantastic air purifier with high-performance. This air purifier performs like a magnet to attract dirt and any other unwanted particles.
Which air purifiers can affect your pet?
The air purification market is filled with products that can keep your pets safe or harm them. It is essential that when purchasing an air purifier, you look for one that will not harm your pets.
As a pet owner, I am confident that you love your pet and wouldn’t want anything bad happening to it.
The air purifiers that can affect your pet are:
- Ionic air purifiers
Ionic air purifiers, commonly known as iconic air purifiers, are the most dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. This specific air purifier works through discharging ions that usually attach to air contaminants. These contaminants are generally too heavy to stay in the air hence fall to the ground forming ozone.
- Ozone generators
This is an equally dangerous air purifier designed to accommodate an ozone generator. Though the ozone produced by this air purifier is hazardous and harmful to your pets, it effectively cleans the air.
Inasmuch as it does a great job of removing odours, you will be putting your pets at risk. An air purifier having ozone generators should only be used when no one is at home, meaning you will have taken your pets with you.
Tips for Using an air purifier
Knowing which air purifier is ideal for your home and pets goes a long way in ensuring that you choose the right unit. The best air purifier is one that offers you immense benefits without compromising the health of your pets.
To benefit more from an air purifier, consider these tips:
- Considering that air purifiers are energy-efficient, they should not be turned off. You need to leave it on to keep the air inside your home as clean as possible.
- Try clearing space around your air purifier to enable it to perform efficiently. Always remember that air purifiers require breathing space.
- Point an air purifier towards the direction having odor. You can also place it near the doorway to ensure the proper flow of clean air.
- Once your air purifier is turned on, remember to keep your doors and windows closed. This is to maintain the quality air inside your room without introducing new air pollutants.
- Take note of changing filters regularly to guarantee the efficiency of your air purifier.
When purchasing an air purifier, your primary concern should be the safety of your pets. Indeed, you want your air clean, which should be the top priority, but that should not be done if it will affect your pets.
Safety precaution measures should be taken when using an air purifier in a home having pets. That is the only way to ensure your pets’ safety is maintained while, on the other hand, you breathe in quality air.
Without an air purifier, you can be at risk of getting allergies caused by your pets. Therefore, it is imperative to invest in an air purifier if you are indeed concerned about your health.
You can be assured that an air purifier will not affect your pets as long as you keep in mind choosing one with the right products. Overall, a pleasant environment when having pets can only be achieved by having an air purifier.