Concrete Grinder Rental At Home Depot
A concrete grinder is a finishing/smoothing tool useful for grinding and leveling of a concrete floor surface. The concrete grinder can also be used for polishing concrete, marble and granite floor surfaces and removing aggressive coating, thereby giving floors a smooth and shiny finish.
Concrete grinders serves various uses, they are useful for scraping off strong tile glues from floor surfaces, useful for scraping off aggressive coatings and paints, useful for smoothing uneven casted concrete floors, useful for concrete floor finishing and polishing thereby providing an attractive and aesthetic appeal
Types Of Concrete Grinders
There are different types of concrete grinders employed by contractors depending on the nature and size of the job being executed. They include:
- Hand-Held Concrete Grinders: These are best suited for grinding concrete surfaces at small and tight areas where it is nearly impossible to use walk-behind grinders. Hand-held grinders are portable and easy to use, possess a shroud and extraction hose which is used in taking out dust when at use.
- Walk-Behind Grinders: These sets of grinders, unlike the hand-held grinders, are large concrete grinders useful for grinding concrete over large floor areas. Walk-behind concrete grinders are the type that makes your job faster as a result of their ability to cover up large floor areas within the shortest possible time. They are mostly powered by LP, petrol or diesel.
Although concrete grinders can be distinguished in two mainly: Planetary and Rotary Concrete Grinders, the above classification of hand-held and walk-behind concrete grinders were used for easy identification.
How Much Does A Concrete Grinder Cost At Home Depot?
The price for concrete floor grinders varies according to its size, brand and location. However, the general price range for concrete grinders is shown below:
- Hand-Held Concrete Grinders: These are the portable concrete grinders which generally goes for $150-$500 per unit.
- Walk-Behind Concrete Grinders: Large concrete grinders and are generally expensive, selling for as much as $750-$7,000 per unit.
Home Depot has just the right concrete grinder tool for your project, its inventory for concrete grinders contains both hand-held and walk-behind grinders manufactured by the best brands. Rent an auger from Home Depot, rent quality and rent perfection on the job.
How To Rent An Auger From Home Depot
Renting an Auger from Home Depot is not a herculean task, you just need to follow these procedures:
- Log-on to the Home Depot official website.
- Check for the availability of your prefered auger using the site’s navigation search bar, and using the store location option ascertain if its availability is in a store closest to you.
- Go through the home depot tool’s rental policy, the rental price, documents to tender for the tool and delivery method.
- Proceed to make payment for your prefered auger with a valid credit card and ship to your desired delivery address.
Should You Buy Or Rent A Concrete Grinder?
Renting or buying a Concrete Grinder depends many factors but mainly the nature and size of the project being executed.
In the situation where the need for an auger is for a short period of time or a one-time job, renting an auger is the best option available to the contractor.
However, if the use for a Concrete Grinder is for heavy duty construction project spanning years, or use accounts for up to 70% execution of the project, buying the tool will be cost-beneficial to the contractor.
Here the cost of renting an auger for that period of time could exceed the cost of purchasing a new one.
Home Depot Concrete Grinder Cost
The cost of a renting a concrete grinder from Home Depot depends on the type and how long you plan on renting it.
You can choose rent a concrete grinder on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Hourly (4 hrs): $149
- Daily: $179
- Weekly: $476
- Monthly: $1,268
Note: The above prices are to give you an idea of the average cost of rent, as the prices varies across different store locations.
Home Depot Concrete Grinder Inventory
Home Depot offers a wide variety of assorted concrete grinders, proven to be reliable, safe and trusted to deliver. Some models in Home Depot’s inventory for concrete grinders include:
- DEWALT, Blastrac Milwaukee, RYOBI
- DEWALT 7 in. Double Row Diamond Cup Grinding Wheel
- Model # DW4775
- Blastrac 15 Amp 7 in. Corded Angle Grinder
- Model# 05-BL-233
- Milwaukee M12 FUEL 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/4 in. Right Angle Die Grinder (Tool-Only)
- Model# 2485-20
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless Brushless 4-1/2 in. Cut-Off Tool/Angle Grinder (Tool Only)
- Model# P423
- 7.5 Amp Corded 4-1/2 in. Easy Wheel Change Compact Angle Grinder with Grinding Wheel, Wheel Guard and Side Handle
- Model# 9557NB