What Is A Wood Chipper?
Wood Chippers are lumber tools used for cutting large pieces of wood into smaller wood chips. They are used in industrial lumber operations to reduce wood into chips, cutting tree limbs and trunks into smaller wood chips, and processing organic debris into mulch.
Do You Really Need A Wood Chipper?
The wood chipper is designed with two separate chutes which it utilizes for cutting wood into bits. If you live in an environment with lots of trees, you would probably have to deal with falling limbs caused as a result of heavy winds and storms. In this situation, only a wood chipper will efficiently do the job of riding these falling limbs by cutting them into smaller chips.
Wood Chipper Rental Near You
You can rent a wood chipper from garden stores and home improvement companies in the United States and Canada. Most preferably, you can order a wood chipper rental from Lowes or Home Depot stores.
How Much Does A Brand New Wood Chipper Cost?
Woodchipper costs between $850-$1500 per unit. However, the price of wood chippers is also dependent on the size and design.
Should You Rent A Wood Chipper Or Buy A New One?
Renting or buying a wood chipper depends on the frequency of its use. If you require a wood chipper to reduce or remove falling limbs from trees on your private property, the need for a wood chipper is minimal (only for occasions where you need to take off tree limbs). In this situation, renting a wood chipper is cost beneficial to the individual.
Moreover, if the need for a wood chipper is for industrial lumbering operations that involves processing whole timbers into smaller wood chips, the wood chipper is needed over a long period of time. Therefore, buying a wood chipper in this case, will help the contractor to save extra costs of always having to rent a wood chipper.
Wood Chipper Rental At Home Depot
Home Depot offers tool rental for wood chippers. You can rent a 6” wood chipper from Home Depot to transform organic debris into Mulch, Brush Master 5.25 x 3.5 in., and many other high quality wood chippers in its inventory.
Wood Chipper Rental Cost At Home Depot Tools Rental
The cost for renting a wood chipper at Home Depot is charged on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It is represented in the format below:
- Hourly (4hrs): $67
- Daily: $96
- Weekly: $384
- Monthly: $1,152
Note: The prices represented above may likely vary among Home Depot store locations worldwide. Therefore, it is important to ascertain the price of a wood chipper rental in your preferred store location.
How To Rent A Wood Chipper From Home Depot
The following steps should guide you on how to rent a wood chipper from Home Depot. They include:
- Visit Home Depot’s official site for information on its tool rental program.
- Select a store rental location using the store directory feature.
- Check for the price and availability of the wood chipper in the selected rental location.
- Read through the wood chipper’s rental policy to get information on its terms and conditions, ascertain the documents to be submitted for the tool, and choose a delivery method.
- Proceed to make payment for the wood chipper using a valid ID and credit card.
Wood Chipper Rental At Lowes
Lowes also offers tool rental for wood chippers. Contained in its inventory for wood chippers are high quality and reliable Mulchers & Chippers to help get the job of wood shredding done in the most efficient medium possible.
Wood Chipper Rental Cost At Lowes Tools Rental
The cost of wood chipper rental at Lowes is also charged on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. They are represented in the format below:
- Hourly: $66
- Daily: $95
- Weekly: $385
- Monthly: $1,150
Note: The above prices may likely vary among Lowes store rental locations worldwide.
How To Rent A Wood Chipper From Lowes
You can rent your wood chipper from any Lowes store rental locations, following these simple steps:
- Login to Lowes official website for information on its tool rental program.
- Select your prefered tool rental location with the aid of the store directory feature display on the site.
- Check for the wood chipper’s availability and price in your selected rental location.
- Look up the rental policy for the wood chipper, ascertain documents needed to be submitted for the wood chipper, and choose your preferred delivery method.
- Proceed to make payment for the wood chipper if satisfied with the above conditions, using a valid credit card.
Cheapest Place To Rent A Wood Chipper Near You | Lowes Vs Home Depot
Comparing the above wood chipper rental cost between Home Depot and Lowes, shows Home Depot’s pricing at $67-$1,152 for wood chipper rental, and $66-$1,150 by Lowes, thus, revealing a slight pricing difference between both, but leaving Lowes as the more affordable.