A wrought-iron bed is something we would usually see in our grandma’s house, or in the movies about old times. They are romantic, charming, simple, and classic at the same time. And since with trends, it all goes around, it is time to bring back the wrought-iron beds.
The market currently offers a vast number of design options, and we love them all. You would be surprised how creative iron designs can be, so stay tuned if you are ready to embrace this trend.
Wrought-Iron Is Timeless
A new bed is not something we buy often, it is a purchase we make once in several years, so you want your choice to be comfortable of course, but also to look good, and timeless.
Wrought-iron bed frames are incredibly durable, strong, they do not bend or sad as they age, so it is a perfect investment in your sleep.
How It Is Made
Many people wonder how such elegant and delicate forms can be made of a material so strong like iron. The secret of the strength of wrought iron is in extremely high temperatures that are melting the material, allowing people to shape it how they want it easily.
The melting temperature point for iron is 1538 degrees Celsius. The material can be reheated multiple times, but as it cools down, it hardens.
Advantages of Wrought-Iron Bed Frames
- Maintenance. Unlike wood, iron cannot rot or get influenced by the environment. So sleepers do not have to worry about moist, temperature, insects, etc. Wooden frames require more maintenance, but since metal cannot be damaged those things, you can continue to sleep tightly.
- Design. Wrought-iron bed frames come in all possible designs. Basically, anything you can imagine can be custom made for you. It is also a material that is suitable for coloring, so it can be a nice pop of color or complement your interior design nicely.
- Weight. If you like to rearrange and move the furniture around from time to time, you would be surprised to find out that iron bed frames are not as heavy as they seem. Some are even lighter than wooden frames, but that depends on the type of metal.
- Durability. Do we even have to say something? Metal ages well, it is a solid material that can resist pretty much anything, except high temperatures. They can last for years, and they are also a great choice for sleepers who weigh above the average.
How to Pick The Best Wrought-Iron Bed
When the offer is so vast, it is easy to get indecisive and forget about your needs and go for the prettiest bed in the room. That is why we are here to remind you that you need to think rationally. Otherwise, you will make one expensive mistake.
So, here are some things you should take into consideration when shopping for a new bed frame.
- Size matters. Think about the size of your room, and do not just think, measure it precisely. Then pay attention to the size of the mattress you have, or if you plan to buy one separately. Wrought-iron beds come in all sizes, from twin to queen and king, but make sure to check if it matches the mattress in inches, because dimension may vary slightly.
- Style. Of course, if you are buying a wrought-iron bed, you are a person that cares about style. These beds can fit perfectly in pretty much any type of environment and interior design because, as a centerpiece, they draw all the attention. You can choose between standard and low profile, a standard is usually 7 or 7.5 inches tall, and the low one is 4 or 5 inches. We recommend a lower profile to pet owners and shorter people.
- Material. These beds are not always built entirely from iron, and they are usually a mix of a few different metals. Strong and lightweight metals are typically used for smaller, children beds, or for single beds meant for students and other people who are relocating. Metals that are denser are heavier and more durable, resistant to rust, and more stylish. Every material has a different quality, and the range varies from aluminum and brass, bronze to iron. Brass, for example, is not lightweight at all, bronze is very resistant, but iron is the heaviest and most eye-catching material.
Why Is It The Right Choice?
Wrought-iron fits anyone’s style, and it is hard not to like it. If you are into too decorative pieces, you can find beautiful models that are more simple in terms of design, but still provide the perks of an iron bed.
The price range is wide enough so that anyone can find something right for their pocket, but the good thing is that regardless of the rice, these beds always look expensive. Their luxurious appearance will leave everyone speechless and transform the interior of your bedroom.
Pamela Lezama is an interior designer. Her skills and passion enable her to help people in making their dream house into a reality. She’s writing tips on home decor that are sure to add style to everyone’s home and refresh their space.